|Applications & Markets:
- Engine oil
- Lubricating oil
- Transmission fluid and hydraulic fluids in mobile construction equipment, military vehicles, trucks and stationary equipment
- Operating Temperature Range: -65°F to +275°F (-53°C to +135°C)
- Minimum Burst Pressure: 12,000 psi
- Minimum Particle Restriction: 500 microns
- Maximum Torque to Operate: 10 in. lbs.
- FD15-1000-04 is qualified to the MIL-V-81940/2-1
- Note: This valve is not intended for aerospace applications.
|Standard Body Material:
- Corrosion resistant plated steel with brass internal components
|Standard Seal Material:
- For best results, Eaton FD15 Oil Sampling Valves should be installed in dynamic fluid lines in low pressure and return lines. If only one sampling point can be chosen, it should
be in the return line, upstream of any return line filter. This will insure a representative sample of all components in the fluid system for their present condition.
- 1. Remove metal dustcover on discharge port.
- 2. Discharge approximately 200 ml of oil to flush valve by turning knurled knob 1/4 turn to the right. Dispose of this sample in the appropriate manner.
- 3. Locate clean oil sample bottle under discharge port. (Sample bottles are usually supplied by the oil analysis lab.)
- 4. Turn knurled knob 1/4 turn to the right until bottle is filled to the desired level. The knob can be backed off to throttle the rate of flow.
- 5. When bottle is filled let go of the knurled knob, the valve will close automatically. Replace metal dustcover wrench tight.
- As required in MIL-V-81940/2-1 this valve's flow rate is between 100 and 1500 milliliters per minute at pressures from 0-50 psi. (MIL-V-81940/2-1 applies only to pressures from
- The 1/4" NPTF version is qualified to MIL-V-81940/2-1 and its performance is representative of the other inlet port configurations listed above. QPL-81940-96-5-89