- Designed to be installed within a hose string where the coupling will have a length of hose attached to both sides.
- Coupling automatically senses an excessive load, closes the valves and disconnects
- Release is executed when force causes bolts to break.
- Viton® O-rings.
- Note: Pressure rating is given at ambient temperature 70 deg. F.
- The safety break-away valve consists of two halves, each with a valve that has an O-ring seal. When the safety break-away couplings separate, it allows the valves to close. The two valves close rapidly, minimizing exposure to personnel and the environment.
- Safety break-away couplings have three external break bolts. In the case of axial tension all of the bolts take up the force corresponding to the break force on the hose with a safety margin. Non-axial forces concentrate the tension forces more strongly on one bolt, so that the safety break-away coupling reacts in a natural way to the reduction of the hose break forces.