- Dixon Holedall stems and ferrules are specifically designed to be used together as a coupling system.
- Due to differences in dimensions and tolerances, for safety reasons, do not use other manufacturer's stems or ferrules with Dixon Holedall products.
- Do not use a wrench or vice on ferrule.
- Holedall couplings, regardless of coupling style, are never to be used for steam service at any pressure.
- Holedall fittings are not to be used with cable reinforced high-pressure hose, 4 or 6 braid wire hydraulic hose or any other service not listed in the recommendations.
- Externally swaged Holedall couplings, to perform satisfactorily, must be applied properly in accordance with Dixon's assembly procedures, using correct die and ferrule for that particular hose end OD.
- Hose service working pressure (including surges and spikes) is never to exceed the maximum recommended working pressure for the fitting. The assembly's (hose + coupling) maximum working pressure is the lesser of the hose rated working pressure or the coupling rated working pressure.
- Media being transported through the hose should be compatible with the stem material. Compatibility of ferrule material with the environment in which it will be used is recommended.