- Flow Chief internal expansion (IX) fittings are only to be used with Flow Chief stainless steel ferrules
- Holedall couplings, regardless of coupling style, are never to be used for steam service at any pressure.
- Holedall fittings are not to be used with cable reinforced high-pressure hose, 4 or 6 braid wire hydraulic hose or any other service not listed in the recommendations. Consult Dixon for recommendations on usage.
- Strict adherence to ferrule OD range (internally expanded) for each hose end to be assembled is essential for satisfactory performance.
- Hose service working pressure (including surges and spikes) is never to exceed the maximum recommended working pressure for the fitting. The assembly's (hose + coupling) maximum working pressure is the lesser of the hose rated working pressure or the coupling rated working pressure.
- Media being transported through the hose should be compatible with the stem material. Compatibility of ferrule material with the environment in which it will be used is recommended.