- Recommended applications of these fittings are: concrete pump hose, plaster and grout hose, oil suction and discharge hose, multi-purpose heavy duty air hose, jetting hose, barge loading hose and bottom loading hose.
- For use with Internal Expansion Ferrules.
- Internally expanded couplings are essential when maximum flow of media is important.
- Reduces turbulence through hose.
- Excellent sealing and retention characteristics.
- Outperforms band clamps.
- Easy and consistent installation.
- Only one expansion tool is needed for each ID.
- Dixon Holedall stems and ferrules are specifically designed to be used together as a coupling system.
- Due to differences in dimensions and tolerances, for safety reasons, do not use other manufacturer's stems or ferrules with Dixon Holedall products.
- Do not use a wrench or vice on ferrule.
- Holedall couplings, regardless of coupling style, are never to be used for steam service at any pressure.
- Holedall fittings are not to be used with cable reinforced high-pressure hose, 4 or 6 braid wire hydraulic hose or any other service not listed in the recommendations.
- Strict adherence to ferrule OD range (Internally Expanded) for each hose end to be assembled is essential for satisfactory performance.
- Internally Expanded Holedall Couplings are not to be used with plastic lined chemical hose.
- Hose service working pressure (including surges and spikes) is never to exceed the maximum recommended working pressure for the fitting. The assembly's (hose + coupling) maximum working pressure is the lesser of the hose rated working pressure or the coupling rated working pressure.
- Media being transported through the hose should be compatible with the stem material. Compatibility of ferrule material with the environment in which it will be used is recommended.